I was watching an episode of Real Time with Bill Maher, and once again he managed to blow my mind with some information. There is something fishy going on with Seniors is America.
- 40% of young adults use some sort of protection during intercourse. Only 6% of people over 61 use protection.
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, STD rates in Seniors have doubled from 2000-2010. That has put Seniors in competition with people from the ages 20-24 in the largest increase in STDs
- According to Harpers Magazine, from 2006-2011, $172 million of tax dollars was spent on penis pumps for seniors.
While Viagra has been making a killing, seniors are getting Syphilis and Chlamydia. Men who are taking sexual enhancers double the rate of STD growth to those who are clean, riding 3 inches hard on the 4th of July.
- Only 5 % of Seniors take the free STD test that is provided through Medicare
That last stat brings up a topic that people need to know about, the tax dollars that are going to our Seniors, instead of the children of this country. Thanks to Bill Maher, I learned that a significantly greater amount of federal tax dollars are going to seniors rather than children.
- $3,822 federal tax dollars spent on a child per year
- $25,455 federal tax dollars spent on a senior per year
- 5% of our budget goes towards people in the last year of their life
- 76% of Seniors are dissatisfied with the way our country is going
- Seniors are the most opposed group against the Affordable Care Act
Now there are definitely some larger scale problems going on America, but this is not the culture to represent America. Retirement homes are turning into freshmen dorms, seniors oppose the act that helps keep them alive, seniors are all getting laid but still dissatisfied, and we are spending more money on our past than our future. For instance, flip the amounts we spend on a child per yer with what we spend on a senior per year. that extra 23,000 could be going towards education, counseling, and wellness.
That would make our country better, not buying penis pumps for George to use during The Price is Right. Maybe I’m just jealous that Seniors are getting their burgahs and not me, but something real fishy is going on in retirement homes nationwide.
Source: Bill Maher